ABM bread storage

ERay <eworster@indy.net>
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:06:35 +0100
v098.n068.6
Sid mentioned a crust softening problem using a plastic "doohickey" with
end holes.

A very helpful "hints" book (which I can't lay my hands on... sorry)
said to store crisp crust breads in brown kraft paper bags, because the
plastic bags won't allow the bread to breathe.

My guess is that the end holes in the plastic keeper are too
restrictive: try the brown paper and see wha' hoppens. Observation: I
think hoping for 4 or 5 days storage is a bit of a stretch. Mine keeps
three days if the wind's right, but what I do now is bake the smallest
possible loaf and do it more often.

Hope this helps.

Ernie