Re: answer to trouble?

Alan Jackson <ajackson@icct.net>
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 14:16:05 -0500
v098.n072.8
On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:33:02 -0500  "Donner,Pamela" wrote:
> the cuisinart at room temp (not warm).  In one of Julia Child's books (Baking
> with Julia, I think), she actually adds COLD water to the cuisinart to
> prevent the dough from getting too hot.

In _Cookwise_ the author recommends using crushed ice instead of water
to keep the dough from overheating - and that is while using a kitchenaid!

It works well for me.

Over kneading also can destroy the gluten so that the bread no longer has
the strength to trap bubbles.
--
| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| ajackson@icct.net          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |