Buttermilk Bread

Ruth Warren <herblady@netnitco.net>
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:18:26 -0600
v098.n076.2
Can't for the life of me figure how to copy and paste this recipe so it
looks right.  My favorite and the BEST buttermilk bread comes from
"Bread Machine Magic" cookbook. Here is the url to get it, you can print
it from there or re-type it for yourself.

http://www.breadmachinemagic.com/bmme1.html

Now their new book, "More Bread Machine Magic" has:

			Buttermilk Wheat Bread

				Medium Loaf		Large Loaf(2#)

Buttermilk			1 3/8 - 1 1/2 c		1 5/8 - 1 3/4 c
Oil				1 1/2 T			2 T
Honey				3 T			1/4 c
Salt				1 1/2 t			2 t
Bread Flour			2 c			2 2/3 c
Whole Wheat Flour		1 c			1 1/3 c
Red Star Active Dry Yeast	2 t			2 1/2 t

My notes:
1. I add 2T Vital Wheat Gluten, in my machine.
2. Place all ingredients in machine, using the least amount of liquid
listed.
3. Observe bread as it kneads. After 5-10 minutes adjusts liquid if
bread appears dry, or machine is straining. Add liquid 1 T at a time til
dodugh forms a smooth ball.

Crust: Medium
Bake cycle: Whole Wheat (Can also use Basic/Sweet Bread/Rapid Whole
Wheat)

ruth w.

--

      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/8785