Dinner Rolls

Cindy Price <cprice@coffeyville.com>
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 10:04:35 -0600
v098.n076.4
I make these rolls at Thanksgiving, but also many other times during the
year.  They are wonderful.  I keep sourdough starter in the fridge and
use it for a portion of the liquid.  Can also use all water if you don't
have sourdoug starter.

Dinner rolls

3/4 cup sourdough starter
1/2 cup water
3 cups bread flour
3 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp active dry yeast
3 Tbsp butter or margarine

Place all ingredients in bread pan in the order recommended by the
manufacturer.  Process on dough setting.  When complete, pinch off dough
into 16 portions (or shape as desired) and place in greased baking pan.
Let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about 30 to 45
minutes.  Bake in preheated 350 oven for 20 minutes or until golden
brown.

Note:  if you do not have sourdough starter use 3/4 cup + 3 Tbsp water.

Cindy Price