re Sprout Bread

Nancy Hill <nancyh@interlog.com>
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 10:51:49 -0500 (EST)
v098.n076.6
Thank you so much Larry for the sprout bread recipe; that was exactly
what I wanted!  Unfortunately, in my mail window it was difficult to
tell which amounts went with which ingredients.  I have a 2
lb. breadmaker; please tell me if I figured out the amounts correctly
below:

water	                1 cup
margarine/butter	2-1/2 Tbs.
sugar			1-1/3 tsp.
salt			2 tsp.
sprouted wheat berries	2/3 cup
bread flour		3-1/3 cups
nonfat dry milk		1/4 cup
yeast			2-1/2 tsp.

(I thought I'd use extra virgin olive oil instead of margarine, and
all hard whole wheat flour for the flour.)

 > (Wheat berry sprouts should be no longer than the berrry itself.)

Ooops, mine are about 3 times the length of the berry now.  I wonder
why they shouldn't be longer than the berry?

Also, should I put the sprouted berries through the food processor
first?

Thanks again,

Nancy

--