QVC Bread slicer

"Bochner, Arnold" <ABOCHNER@ITP.EDS.COM>
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:07:12 -0500
v098.n078.4
>From: bobs@icdc.com (Bob Schoenleber)
>Subject: Bread Slicing?
>
>Looking for info on what you all use to get a uniform cut of bread
>machine bread.  QVC has an interesting product called "Slices Perfect
>Adjustable Cutting Board with Knife".  (L24260) ($17.93 + Shipping).
>Anyone use it?

You can have mine if you like!! Unfortunately, the sereated knife they
provide is very flexible and is easily misdirected during cutting causing
bread slices of irregular thickness. Additionally, the cutting motion is on
the horizontal plane and it was very hard to insure the the far side of the
knife blade  was on the cutting guide for the whole slice. This also caused
bread slices of uneven thickness.

Good news...I purchased a new bread cutter tool yesterday at Lectners. It is
a wooden box with both  sides having fully grooved and matched cutting
guides cut into the wood. It cost about $13. I used it to cut a bread I had
baked the previous night...first I used the knife that came with the QVC
product, and it even flexed in this product. But then I used my regular
rigid 12" bread slicer and voila, the slices came out perfectly. The cutting
is in the vertical plane and you can actually see the position of the knife
throughout the cutting activity.