Potato Bread Recipes

"Mega-bytes" <Mega-bytes@email.msn.com>
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 07:15:41 -0500
v098.n081.3
>I am seeking potato bread recipes using leftover mashed potatoes.  My
>time is limited, so bread machine recipes are preferred, but I'll be
>happy to receive any suggestions to use these potatoes up!  Thanks in
>advance,
>Barb

Barb,

Here's a few for you.

Martha

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                    Sour Cream 'n' Chive Potato Bread

Recipe By     : Fleischmann's Bread Website
Categories    : Breads/Abm: Potato

                        ***1 1/2 POUND LOAF***
                        ***POTATO MIXTURE***
     3/4  cup           water
     1/2  cup           chopped peeled potato
     1/3  cup           dairy sour cream
                        ***OR LOW-FAT YOGURT***
                        ***OR MILK TO EQUAL 1 1/3 CUP***
                        ***DOUGH***
   1      tablespoon    butter or margarine
   1      teaspoon      salt
   3 1/2  cups          bread flour
   4      teaspoons     spice islands snipped chives
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     fleischmann's bread machine yeast

To save time, use potato flakes or buds instead of fresh potato to make
the potato mixture.  Place 1/3 cup for a 1 1/2-pound loaf instant mashed
potato flakes or buds into a 2-cup measure.  Then add 1/3 cup sour cream
and enough water to equal 1 1/3 cups.

Potato Mixture: In a small saucepan, combine water and potato.  Bring to
boiling; reduce heat.  Cook, covered, 8 to 9 minutes or until potato is
very tender.  Do not drain; cool.  Mash potato in the water.  Measure
potato mixture.  Add sour cream and enough milk to make 1 1/3 cups.

Dough: Add potato mixture and dough ingredients to bread machine pan in
the order suggested by manufacturer, treating potato mixture as a
liquid.

Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; medium/normal color setting.

Nutrition information per serving (1/12 of 1 1/2-lb.  recipe): calories
176; total fat 3 g; saturated fat 2 g; cholesterol 5 mg; sodium 211 mg;
total carbohydrate 31 g; dietary fiber 1 g; protein 5 g.

busted by Donna

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                       Italian Cheese-Potato Bread

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads/Abm: Italian

                        ***LISA CRAWLEY TSPN00B***
   2 1/2  teaspoons     dry yeast
   3      cups          flour
   1      teaspoon      sugar
   1      teaspoon      salt -- (scant)
     2/3  cup           potatoes -- mashed
   1      cup           monteray jack cheese -- cubed
   2                    eggs
     1/3  cup           milk -- warmed
   2      teaspoons     dried oregano

  Place all ingredients in breadmachine according to manufacturer's
instructions.  Bake on White Bread setting.  Makes a dense loaf of very
flavorful bread.  Modified by Wendy Ceracche DBCP84B I used Gouda
cheese since I didn't have any Monterrey Jack cheese.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Potato Rolls

Recipe By     : Bread Machine Magic, Rehberg and Conway
Categories    : Breads/Abm: Rolls

     1/2  cup           water
   3      tablespoons   icbinb-light -- *
   1                    egg
   1      teaspoon      salt
     1/3  cup           mashed potatoes -- **
   2      cups          all-purpose flour
   3      tablespoons   sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     yeast

* I Can't Believe It's Not Butter--Light (the original recipe called for
shortening) ** I mixed 1/3 c.  instant garlic-flavored potato buds with
1/3 c.  water and cooked it in the microwave

Add to bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.  Select
dough cycle.  When complete, place dough on heavily floured board or
cloth.  When I made this dough, it was very soft and sticky.  Gently
rolling the dough in the flour on the cloth once was very helpful.

I divided it into 12 balls and placed them in a cooking-sprayed muffin
tin.  Let rise for 30-45 mins (until doubled).

Bake for 13-14 mins.  at 400F.

After putting the dough into the tin, I covered the tin in plastic wrap
and put it in the refrigerator, to be baked for dinner the next day.  I
took the dough out of the refrigerator as the oven was preheating and
then popped them in the oven.  I don't know if this is technically
correct, but they turned out just fine!