My cinnamon rolls

RRTMTL@aol.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:33:36 EST
v099.n001.9
Hello, all -

Here is my recipe for cinnamon rolls - they're definitely an occasional
indulgence!    My recipe is not too exact - I go alot on looks.....

Add to your bread machine - in this order (I have a Zo)

The Rolls that Mom liked

1 cube butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
small pinch salt
1 cup milk
4 cups white flour
3 teaspoons yeast

Start machine on "dough" cycle.    Watch the dough and add flour as necessary
(during the first knead cycle only).     I let the dough rest for an hour or
so after it's finished.   (the first rise).    Then divide the dough in half.
Roll it out, spread with a total of another cube of butter and a sugar
cinnamon mixture (I use about three teaspoons cinnamon and 3/4 cups sugar).
Roll up the dough and butter mixture - slice into rolls, and place in a pan
where they will have plenty of room to rise.    If there's any butter left,
drizzle it over the top.   Do the same with any remaining sugar and
cinnamon.....    Put them in a warm place to rise again.    I give them
another 90 minutes or so, unless they're growing out of control....   Bake at
375 for apporximately 25 minutes.    Take them out and immediately turn them
out onto a sheet of foil.   This way the butter - goo mixture stays on the
bottom of the rolls.

These taste really good while still hot.   My Mom used to put more butter on
the top - but she was a true fan of butter!

Terri