Something for Breakfast

"Mega-bytes" <Mega-bytes@email.msn.com>
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 09:52:19 -0500
v099.n001.12
>We are bored with our regular breakfast foods (cereal, eggs, etc).  How
about
>some recipes for breads/rolls/etc to make the center of breakfast?

How about this coffeecake?

Martha

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                   Raisin N' Nut Pull-Apart Coffee Cake

Recipe By     : Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes
Categories    : Breads/Breakfast

   1      cup           milk
     1/4  cup           butter or margarine
     1/4  ounce         active dry yeast -- (1 package)
   3 1/2  cups          all purpose flour -- up to 4
     1/4  cup           sugar
   1                    egg
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
   1      cup           sugar
     1/2  cup           chopped pecans
   1 1/2  teaspoons     cinnamon
     1/2  cup           butter or margarine -- melted
     1/2  cup           golden raisins

In 1 quart saucepan scald milk; stir in 1/4 cup butter until melted.
Cool to  warm (105 to 115øF). In large mixer bowl dissolve yeast in warm
water. Add  cooled milk mixture, 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, egg and
salt. Beat at medium  speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2
minutes). By hand, stir in  enough remaining flour to make dough easy to
handle. Turn dough onto lightly  floured surface; knead until smooth and
elastic (about 10 minutes). Place in  greased bowl, turn greased side
up.

Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (about 1 1/2 hour).
Dough  is ready if indentation remains when touched.

Punch down dough; divide in half. With floured hands shape each half
into 24  balls. In small bowl stir together 1 cup sugar, pecans and
cinnamon. Dip balls  first into melted butter, then in sugar mixture.
Place 24 balls in bottom of  greased 10" tube pan or Bundt pan. (If
removable bottom tube pan, line with  aluminum foil.) Sprinkle with
raisins. Top with remaining 24 balls.

Cover; let rise until double in size (about 45 minutes). Heat oven to
350ø.  Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until coffee cake sounds hollow when
tapped.  (Cover with aluminum foil if coffee cake browns too quickly.)
Immediately  invert pan on heat-proof serving plate. Let pan stand 1
minute to allow sugar  mixture to drizzle over cake. Remove pan; serve
warm.

*Can also be made with two loaves of thawed frozen bread dough

Typed and Busted by Carriej999@AOL.com 3/21/98