Cream Buns

maryhunt <maryhunt@stny.lrun.com>
Sat, 2 Jan 99 10:28:53
v099.n002.9
I used to work with a wonderful lady who was a school cook in
Eastern Colorado.  Every day she made fresh bread, in some
form, for their lunch.  She gave me a recipe for cream buns,
which she said was her family's favorite.  They are now my
family's too!  I made them one evening for a group of college
students' breakfast.  Came back after shopping, and they were
gone...they couldn't resist the buns.  They suggested I make
more for breakfast...<g>

Leona's Cool Rise Sweet Dough
5-6 cups flour
2 T yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cup hot tap water
2 eggs (room temperature)

Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt, add butter.  Add
water all at once and beat at medium speed 2 minutes.  Add eggs
and 1 cupp more flour and beat at high speed 1 minute.  Stir in
enough additional flour to make a soft dough, and knead until
smooth and elastic.  Cover with plastic and a towel.  Let rest
20 minutes.  Punch down and shape as desired. Place in greased
pans and brush surface with oil.  Cover loosely with plastic
wrap and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.  Remove from the
refrigerator 45 minutes before baking.  Bake at 375 degrees for
15 minutes for rolls or 20-25 minutes for coffee cakes.

Leona's Cream Rolls
1/4 recipe Cool Rise Sweet Dough
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Grease well 2 (9 inch) square pans.  Mix brown sugar, cream,
cinnamon and vanilla together and spread 1/2 cup in the bottom
of each pan.  Pinch off balls of dough the size of a walnut.
Place in pans, leaving 1 1/2 inches between each; cover and
refrigerate.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Let rolls rise at
room temperature for 45 minutes. Bake 8 minutes.  Remove from
oven and pour remaining cream mixture over them.  Return to the
oven for an additional 10 minutes, until rolls are done and
cream is bubbly.  These may be made with any type of sweet
dough or thawed frozen bread.  Instead of refrigerating, let
rise until light and bake immediately.

Enjoy!
Mary

Logic! Good gracious! What rubbish! How can I tell what I think
till I see what I say?
mailto:maryhunt@stny.Lrun.com