RE: Oster Bread Machine Problems - Help Needed

"Russell J. Fletcher" <GIMPLIMP@TELEPORT.COM>
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:00:24 -0800
v099.n004.10
I use an Oster machine with very few problems.
Here are some hints for high altitude baking
Russ

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                     High Altitude Bread Baking Tips

Recipe By     : Oster Deluxe Bread and Dough Maker,  (1997)
Categories    : Cooking Tips

                        Text on high altitude bread baking below

"At high altitudes above 3,000 feet, dough rises faster.  Therefore, when
baking at high altitudes some experimentation is required.  Follow the
suggested guidelines.  Use one suggestion at a time and remember to write
down which suggestions work best for you.

Guidelines:

1.  Reduce the amount of yeast by 25%.  this will inhibit the bread from
over rising.

2.  Increase salt by 25%.  The bread will rise slower and have less of a
tendency to sink.

3.  Watch your dough as it mixes.  Flour stored at High Altitudes tends to
be drier.  You might add a few tablespoons of water, until the dough forms a
nice ball."

formatted by Russell Fletcher gimplimp@teleport.com

---