Ruth's Daily Bread for the ABM

Ruth Provance <rprovanc@gmu.edu>
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:25:17 -0800
v099.n006.10
Hello, bakers!

Reggie is suggesting a de-lurk week for Daily Bread, and it seems to me
that it has been some time since I contributed to the weekly digest,
also, so here is a contribution.

I have posted a link to "Ruth's Daily Bread" on several occasions in the
past.  Our friend Don (TaktEZ@aol.com) developed an ABM version of the
recipe at my request.  It has not been adequately tested, and I
hesitated to post it, but it occurs to me that we have a large group of
potential testers on the lists, so I will share the recipe with you.  I
do not have an ABM, so I cannot test the recipe myself.  If you do try
this recipe, please let me know how it turns out, and any suggestions
you may have to improve it.  Please include information about your bread
machine and any comments you may have.

Keep baking bread!

Ruth

                      Ruth's Daily Bread for the ABM

Recipe By     : Ruth Provance, with help from Don
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads: Yeast

   1 1/8  cups          water -- warm
   2      Tablespoons   honey -- or molasses, warm
   2      Tablespoons   butter -- or margarine, melted
   1      teaspoon      salt
     1/2  cup           quick oatmeal -- uncooked
   1 1/2  cups          bread flour
   1      cup           whole wheat flour
     1/2  cup           rye flour
     1/2  cup           non-fat dry milk powder
     1/2  teaspoon      diastatic malt powder -- optional
   2      tablespoons   wheat germ
   1 1/2  Tablespoons   wheat gluten
   2 1/4  teaspoons     active dry yeast -- one packet

1.  Place ingredients in bread pan in the order recommended by the
manufacturer.
2.  Select whole wheat mode.  If not available use the white bread mode.
3.  Select medium crust.
4.  Press start.

NOTES : Makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.

For the hand made version of this recipe please visit the following web
site:  http://www.upword.com/bread/daily.html