Re: Convert bread-bakers to MCook

Frank Cavalier <fcaval@idt.net>
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 08:09:59 -0500
v099.n008.6
Hi Judy,

My reply to you assumes you are using a PC rather than a Mac...

If you have the email software Eudora Pro, you can import the .mbx file for
bread-bakers into MasterCook and your recipes will show up in the import
list - no retyping!

A second way to get the recipes into MasterCook would be to use the mouse
to drag over the ones you want (copying them to the Windows clipboard),
then paste them into Notepad/WordPad; then use MC Buster by Glen Hosey to
convert the text into MasterCook format.  Glen's site is:

http://www.erols.com/hosey/

Glen also has a link to Gail Shermeyer's page which will provide you with
detailed information and suggestions for using MC Buster.  MC Buster may
take a bit of work to get the recipes the way you want, but it's terrific
for converting "copy and pastes" from various Internet pages.

A handy addition to your recipe collecting arsenal would be ClipMate, which
allows multiple copies and retrievals to the Windows clipboard.  ClipMate
can be obtained at:

http://www.thornsoft.com

The current version is 5.08.

Good luck!

Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: list.best.com: host
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:06:59 -0500

I, for one, would also like to know how to convert recipes from the list to
Master Cook. Seems like if we're in a digital media, we should be able to do
this but I've almost always had to re-enter recipes into Master Cook.
However, when they came from Master Cook originally, they must be able to
return with ease.
<<
Cheers,

Frank Cavalier