Please help me with a Teeny, tiny loaf....

"Ellen C." <ellen@brakes.elekta.com>
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:39:26 -0500
v099.n011.17
What causes a nicely risen loaf to condense and become half its risen size by
the end of baking? This was the reverse of oven-spring!

The dough texture was fine during kneading, and it rose well, although I did
give it an extra 15 mintues of rise time. I expected somewhat of a dense loaf
(1 1/4 cup ww flour, 1 3/4 cup bread flour, and 1 cup ground flaxseed), but
this ended up being a half loaf.

It isn't a case of the top collapsing -- the entire loaf simply shrank. And it
shrank throughout the baking cycle. Any words of wisdom?

BTW, this is the Flaxseed Bread from Prevention mag that Jo posted here some
time ago. And I did use my Zo machine, but I did it using the manual cycles.
(This machine has never performed correctly on any of the automatic
cycles.:-( )

Thanks!!
--
Ellen C.