Baking Stone

"Joan St. Marie" <bingo@MNSi.Net>
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 05:05:42 -0500
v099.n018.1
I recently went to a kitchen store and almost fell over at the price of
their baking stones....so.....being a frugal soul I went to our local
tile store and purchased an 'unglazed' 'stone' tile....remember, the key
words here are 'unglazed' and 'stone'..  Came home and baked a perfectly
wonderful loaf of bread on my $2.50 baking stone....just an idea that
some of you might like to try.  Tile is 12"x12" and two would not fit
side by side in my oven, just something to keep in mind if you did use
this idea and wanted the extra size for breadsticks etc.  I'm sure they
would cut 3" or so off of one tile.
Joan(64+)