French Baguettes (dough made in Bread Machine)

"hensley@columbus.rr.com" <hensley@columbus.rr.com>
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:11:57 -0500 (EST)
v099.n019.9
I've made this at least 20 times, my husband thinks its the best bread I've ever made..The kids love it too..Leftovers, there usually is NONE.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          French Baguettes (B M)

Recipe By     : Betty Crocker's Bread Machine Cookbook
Serving Size  : 24   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads-Bread Machine

   1      C             Water
   2 1/2  C             Bread Flour
   1      Tbsp          Sugar
   1      Tsp           Salt
   1 1/2  Tsp           Bread Machine Yeast
   1      Egg           Yolk
   1      Tbsp          Water

Place water thru yeast into bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.  Process on dough/manual cycle.  When cycle is completed, place dough in greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until double.  (dough ready if indentation remains when touched) Grease cookie sheet.  Punch down dough, and roll into rectangle, 16x12 inches, on lightly floured surface.  Cut dough crosswise in half. Roll up each half of dough  tightly, beginning at 12 inch side.  Roll gently back and forth to taper ends.  Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.  Make 1/4 inch deep diagonal slashes across loaves every 2 inches, or make 1 lengthwise slash on each loaf.  Cover and let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes until double.  Heat oven to 375.  Mix egg yold and 1 tbsp water;brush over tops of loaves.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve warm or cool on wire rack. (I use a stone to bake my breads, and it is excellent with this bread!
!
!
)  Serve with Sun-dried Tomato Olive Oil; recipe follows.

Sun-dried Tomato Olive Oil
2 tbsp drained, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
1/3 c extra-virgin olive oil
Mix together and DIP!!