Holy bread

"Glenn" <rockymtn@sprynet.com>
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 22:07:51 -0600
v099.n039.4
Hi Y'all.  I am having a problem as of late.

Every loaf of bread now has large, gaping holes in the entire top half or
more.  If there isn't a hole then the bread is very thin and weak in the
middle of each slice, until you get within 1/3 of the bottom.  If someone
were asking me I would say their yeast is too active but the loaves come out
the right height every time and this has never happened before with the same
flour and yeast brands.

I have a Hitachi machine and I use bread flour.  I use Red Star Active Dry.
This happens with most recipes.  I've tried adding extra gluten, I've tried
sifting the presifted flour, I've tried adding some whole wheat flour . . .
nothing works.

I'm in Colorado at about a 5500 elevation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,  Glenn.