Yeast and Bread Machines

Corleone Lucas <corleone@belau.com>
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:55:31 +0900
v099.n044.5
Greetings all from Palau!

I need some clarification on just a couple of things:

1. Yeast.  I regularly use Saf-Instant yeast, that can be added straight
(directly) and mix with flour along with other ingredients. Saf-instant
yeast comes in tightly vacuumed packed packages weighing at 1lb. I buy this
regularly for they cost less compared to other.  Any way, other recipes
call for say '1 packaged yeast disolved in water', If I use Saf-instant, I
know that # of tsp of Saf-instant equal 1 package of yeast, so I add it to
the flour, do I also add the water that was originally for the '1 package
yeast' to the mix? Or just go ahead and mix in the other liquids called for
in a recipe?

2. Bread Machine: Most of this breads here, when I look at the recipe, made
for a Bread machine. I on the other hand, use the oven alot, 'If you can't
stand the heat, then, stay out of the kitchen' anyways, will the recipe
still work if I use in regular electric stove oven?

I thank everyone for their comments and I thank you for taking the time to
read my post.

Respectfully,

Corleone Lucas