bread recipie

LDavis47@aol.com
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:03:01 EDT
v099.n050.11
This is a recipe I developed while trying to mimic a bread I ate at an
excellent French restaurant in my area (central NJ). For want of a better
name I call it KSB (kitchen sink bread, since everything but goes in it). It
has a rye flavor sweetened by the raisons and a soft crumb contrasted by the
crunchy seeds. It can be made in a bread machine or by hand. I love this
bread which tastes so good, you don't have to put anything on it.

2 tsp yeast
2 Tbs dry milk
2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C rye (or pumpernickel)
1/4 cup whole wheat
2 Tbs gluten
1 Tbs caraway seeds
1 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs light olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 1 Tbs warm water

last 5 minutes of kneading:
1/4 cup seed mixture (I use Harvest mixture from King Arthur)
1/2 cup raisons

The water will work if the measurements are exact,e.g. 1 c flour = 4 oz,
other wise you usually have to add more water.

Lloyd D. (NJ)