Another pumpkin bread

Kejah@aol.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:12:39 EDT
v099.n053.12
    Thanks, Jenny!  Here's one for you in return.  I got it from "Cookin' Up
Country Breakfasts" from Reiman Publications.  The recipe was submitted by
Kathryn Detweiler.

Thanksgiving Bread

2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries

    In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar.  Add pumpkin and oil; mix well.
Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.  Fold in cranberries.  Spoon
into two greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 inch loaf pans.  Bake at 350F for 50-55
minutes, or until bread tests done.  Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing
to wire racks.
    Note: on a whim, I added about a cup of pecan halves to this along with
the cranberries.  It was delicious--very "autumn-y."

    "Bake something; you'll feel better." (Peter Fresulone, quoted by Nick
Malgieri in "How To Bake.")  Ain't it the truth?
    Kris