Re Vol O99 no 60

ruth warren <herblady@netnitco.net>
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:25:25 -0600
v099.n062.3
Gypsy,
I do alot of stir frys and have leftover rice. I make the Carolina Rice
bread alot. Altho I use Basmati rice. We find it a great white bread for
sandwiches. I do throw in some wheat germ once in a while. I use no
shortening, but use lecethin granules. You(or I) don't want to taste sugar
or salt in bread. I want a perfect balance, just like I don't want my bread
to taste yeasty. I do use it as a basis for herb bread, and depending on my
mood, go outside and clip some rosemary or chives. Now with winter, will
have to add my dried herbs. But I use that recipe plain as gift breads and
as one to take to potlucks alot.
ruth

                  Visit me on the web at
       http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/8785