Re; bread flour vs. all-purpose flour

DataSmith@microdsi.net (DataSmith)
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:24:35 -0500
v099.n064.16
Hi Phyllis,

I've used both with hand-made, Cuisinart, and Kitchen Aid.methods, and I
have found no reason why one can't use bread flour.  You may be interested
to know from me, though, that I think the Cuisinart has the KA beaten
hands-down for ease of use in mixing the dough.  (Here come the
flames!  Ha! ha!)  I've always had trouble with the dough riding up toward
the top when using the KA and gotten mixed results with the texture of the
bread, but this opinion is probably only the result of my being more used
to the peculiarities of the Cuisinart and how to "fix" them.

Experienced KA bread bakers out there are welcome to "fry me" and tell me
what I should do to be more consistently successful with the KA.  I hope
they offer their responses, because I'm interested to hear them.  Right now
I use my KA for cakes and cookie mixes and making meringues.

Hope this helps,
Frank Cavalier