lightening whole grain breads

fred smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:30:34 -0500
v099.n066.8
 > Does anyone have any suggestions to "lighten" up whole grain breads?  Mine
 > are so dense, they are hard to cut.  I don't like to use dairy products or
 > very much white flour as I'm looking for a healthy loaf of bread.

One thing you might want to experiment with is King Arthur's "White Whole
Wheat" flour. I've been using it more and more and find I really love it.
If used alone with no white flour it gives a light-colored loaf (not as
light as white, but nowhere near as dark as "normal" whole wheat) with a
much lighter flavor than ordinary whole wheat flour, yet a wonderful whole
wheat flavor.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
  glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our