Cracked Wheat Bread - Black & Decker 2 lb. (Bread Machine)

"Russell J. Fletcher" <gimplimp@effectnet.com>
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:30:35 -0800
v100.n001.21
Someone sent me a private note with some questions so I have added them to
the instructions.

Russ

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

         Cracked Wheat Bread - Black & Decker 2 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Black & Decker
Categories    : 2 Lb. Size                       30 % Cff Or Less
                 Bread Machine

    1 1/2  cups          water
    2      Tablespoons   honey
    2      Tablespoons   shortening
      3/4  cup           cracked wheat cereal -- soaked, see below
    1      cup           flour, whole-grain wheat
    2 1/4  cups          flour, bread
    2      Tablespoons   powdered milk
    1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
    1 1/4  teaspoons     active dry yeast

(Not in the recipe, but important to do:  Pour boiling water over cracked
wheat and let it soak for 1/2 an hour so the kernels are not so hard in the
bread.  I discard the hot water before adding the wheat to the bread and use
fresh water in the bread so the temperature has no chance to affect the
yeast.  The small amount of water added by the soaking has never affected
the bread in any detrimental way.)

I substitute margarine for the shortening.

Measure ingredients listed in order called for by your bread machine.
Select Whole Grain Setting (Oster machine #5).
Press start.

 >From: Tammie <galestormgalestorm19@netscape.net> to [ABM-recipes] .

Formatted by Russell Fletcher gimplimp@effectnet.com

---