Re: Pizza dough recipe

"heller, dulcey" <dheller@hclib.org>
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:10:58 -0600
v100.n006.11
To Dan:

Here's my family's favorite pizza dough recipe, at Marcy Goldman's Baker
Boulanger website (which I highly recommend - her paine ordinaire is
extraordinary!)

www.betterbaking.com/baker2/pizza2hut.html

This is a chewy, tender pizza dough a la Pizza Hut using bread and
unbleached flour, baking powder as well as yeast, and garlic and onion
powder.  I don't use the MSG.  She also has a recipe for a pizza dough
"mix" to keep on hand in bulk, and then add the liquids.  This isn't an
overnight dough as you requested, but you may want to try it anyway...  In
fact, I literally just finished making this dough to store in the fridge
until tomorrow's pizza party with relatives.

Also, I seem to remember that Lora Brody's Flat and filled breads from the
bread machine has a foccacia recipe that takes 24 hrs plus.  Used as a pizza
crust, it may be more what you're looking for.

Dulcey