hmmm

Ruth Warren <herblady@pla-net.net>
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:35:12 -0600
v100.n008.8
I just pulled a bread from machine that didn't rise properly. Made same one
yesterday and it turned out fine. Only difference is I used Fleishmann
yeast. Had a good deal this summer for it and got a few strips, put them
directly in the freezer. So they should have been good. I use older than
that Red Star that I buy in 2# bag from a local supply house that sells to
the public. My usual procedure is to store it in the freezer in a ziplock
bag when opened, putting a small amount in a jar and keeping that in the
fridge for daily use. I've NEVER had any problems with Red Star,     that's
why I don't buy the Fleishmann at Sam's Club. Today I was just lazy, didn't
feel like opening up a new bag and pouring, etc. Also thought it would be a
good idea to use up the Fleishmann.
I had done that with Red Star strips that I got years ago from a now defunct
Bread Machine newsletter.
Speaking of "Bread Machine Magic Newsletter" , has anyone heard from Ada
Lai, who edited it? I know she was planning on moving from Half-Moon Bay in
CA several years ago, never got her addy and haven't heard from her since
she discontinued the newsletter. I'm curious as to how she and her family
are doing and is she still baking breads by machine.
Thanks.
ruth

                   Visit me on the web at
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/8785