Horizontal Bread Machine

Frank.Yuhasz@pentairpump.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:36:50 -0500
v100.n009.7
My second bread machine  (52 loaves so far) from Williams-Sonoma is of the
horizontal configuration.
It does a fine job, and I am very pleased with it.  By the way, my initial
machine, also from Williams-Sonoma, is of the vertical design, and is still
going strong.....704 loaves to date!

  A tip I saw in the King Arthur catalogue about minimizing the large gap
made by the kneading blade in the bottom of the finished machine-baked loaf
was a simple one:  remove the kneading blade from the machine at the start
of the final rise.
(Obviously, one must be at home to do this.....perhaps set a timer to the
right time, to pull out the dough, pop out the blade, and return the dough
to the machine.)

Happy Baking!
Carolyn Dandalides