Re: Bread Pails

Frank.Yuhasz@pentairpump.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:05:35 -0500
v100.n011.21
A question was posed about bread pails.  You will find one on page 14 of
the February 2000 Baker's Catalogue from King Arthur Flour.  Their phone is
1.800.827.6836 and the description reads as follows: Baking bread for a
crowd? This old-fashioned bread bucket will easily knead doughs containing
up to 18 cups of flour, with an optimum range between 9 and 18 cups. (3 to
6 loaves)  Just place dough ingredients into the bucket, turn the
wooden-handled crank, and within minutes your dough is completely kneaded.
(Just think of it as a hand-powered bread machine!) Bucket measures 11
inches in diameter by 8 inches tall (11.5 inches tall when fully assembled)
and comes boxed, with recipes and instructions. Note: bucket and kneading
blade are non-reactive stainless steel; other parts are wood and cast
aluminum.   Item #6049
Old-Fashioned Bread Bucket   $69.95

Joan Mathew suggested Lehmans as a source for the bread pail.   Personally,
I do not have any experience with a bread pail, but I have been to Lehmans'
store in Kidron, Ohio.  It is like stepping back in time to an
old-fashioned general store, since they cater to the local Amish, who do
not use electricity and other modern conveniences. (They got a lot of
business in late 1999 from people who were all paranoid about potential Y2K
problems.)

Carolyn Dandalides