Sourdough Starters

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:09:14 -0500 (EST)
v100.n014.7
 >Andie Paysinger recently wrote:  "I just ordered several of the "Old
 >World" sourdough cultures and Ed Wood's book "World Sourdoughs from
 >Antiquity."
 >The Russian sourdough develops very rapidly so it works in bread
 >machines. Has anyone on the list had any experience with this or the
 >other cultures?"
***

Andie, I got the San Francisco Sourdough Starter from Ed and Jean Wood
several months ago and I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with it.
The first night that we had it with dinner, my wife said, "All we need are
the cable cars."  It is magnificent.  There is an excellent recipe booklet
that comes with the starter.  In addition, when I had a couple of
questions, Jean Wood was most prompt and gracious in replying to my email
queries. Do try the San Francisco starter.  You can't go wrong with it.

Tarheel Bob