UBC Cinnamon Rolls

Mau Cat <maucat@worldnet.att.net>
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:08:50 -0800
v100.n014.10
I've been baking these for years - the recipe came from the University of
British Columbia food services who kindly cut the proportions down to a
manageable 18 rolls ... I've cut it in half again because really good
cinnamon rolls are best fresh out of the oven (but they can be heated
gently in the microwave the next day) ...

NOTES: you'll need a deep pan to bake them in, these are BIG cinnamon
rolls... my pan is 9x11 and 3 1/2 inches deep.

Icing is not only unnecessary but would ruin them. Don't substitute for any
ingredients...

UBC Cinnamon Rolls

1 1/2 cups milk
3 Tablespoon butter
3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoon instant dry yeast
1 large egg
3 3/4 cups  flour (don't sift before measuring)

Filling

3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Bread Machine Method

Scald milk.
Add butter, sugar and salt.
Beat in egg.
Pour into bread machine.
Measure flour into bread machine.
Sprinkle yeast on top.
Start DOUGH cycle.

Punch down and turn out onto lightly floured surface.
Roll out dough into 9 x 18 inch rectangle, spread with melted butter and
sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
Roll up like a jelly roll, starting at the long side.
Cut into 2 inch slices.
Place remaining melted butter in  bottom of pan and arrange slices in
pan and cover loosely with greased waxed paper.
Let rise until double (45-60 minutes).
Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes.
Remove from oven and immediately invert onto serving tray.
Makes 9 large cinnamon rolls.

.Lorraine.