cheese bread

Lobo <lobo119@worldnet.att.net>
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:17:59 -0700
v100.n017.15
I have the most wonderful cheddar bread in front of me.  Any recipe I've
tried has come out hard. This bread is soft and so flavorful and a bit on
the salty side (which I like).  Here's the list of ingredients:

flour, water, cheddar cheese (wild, bacterial culture, salt, rennet and/or
pepsin and/or microbial enzyme, may contain color (beta carotene) and/or
calcium chloride, yeast sugar, vegetable oil shortening (soybean and/or
canola oil), salt, wheat gluten, esters of mono-and diglycerides, malt
flour, sodium stearoly-2-lactylate, ascorbic acid), monocalcium phosphate,
alpha amylase, natural flavor.

I think they left out a closed parentheses somewhere around the cheese ...
no matter ... my 2 questions (and you could direct me to the archives, as I
finally learned how to handle them):

What's malt flour?
Does anyone have a cheese bread recipe that is light and fluffy?