Vanilla

Lynn E Cragholm <lest2@juno.com>
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 02:02:18 -0900

Buy vanilla beans and split them lengthwise without cutting them in half.
Place the cut beans in a jar filled with white liquor (e.g., Vodka). Let
the vanilla age for several weeks before you begin to use it. Thereafter,
as the vanilla is used, replace it by adding more white liquor to the jar
(there is no need to age it again).

Homemade pure vanilla makes wonderful gifts packaged in jars of various shapes.
Lynn Cragholm

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.