bread recipe

Pauline Lee <leep@mkl.com>
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:01:32 -0400
v100.n029.13
This is a recipe that I developed myself several years ago and made by
hand. I recently adapted it for my Breadman, and I want to share the
adapted recipe with Bread Digest subscribers. Although i serve it
toasted for breakfast, it would be very good for peanut butter or cream
cheese sandwiches.

BREAD: TRIPLE APPLE With RAISINS & WALNUTS
(Directions for AMBs)
NOTE: This bread is nutritious and is loaded with fiber! It makes
delicious toast.

Amount    Measure         Ingredient
--------     ------------     --------------------------------
       1/2      cup              apple cider
       1/2      cup              applesauce
    2          Tbsp.             unsalted butter
    2          Tbsp.             brown sugar
    1                               egg, beaten
    1  1/2     cup               all-purpose flour
    1           cup               whole wheat flour
       1/4     cup               soy flour
       1/4     cup               rolled oats
       1/4     cup               oat bran
    1          Tbsp.             Lora Brody's Bread Dough Enhancer
    2          Tbsp.             buttermilk powder (or milk powder)
    1-2        tsp.               apple pie spice (cinnamon, allspice,
nutmeg, cloves)
       3/4     tsp.              salt
    2 1/4      tsp.              SAF instant yeast
    1            cup               chopped dried or fresh apple
       1/2      cup               raisins
       1/2      cup               chopped walnuts, toasted

Heat cider, applesauce, butter together in microwave oven or saucepan
until warm. Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar. When cooled to
lukewarm temperature, add beaten egg and mix well. Set aside.
Whisk together in medium-sized bowl: flours, rolled oats, oat bran,
dough enhancer, buttermilk or milk powder, spice mix, salt.
Pour cider mixture in bread machine pan. Spoon flour mixture over the
liquid mix. Make shallow well in flour, spoon in yeast.
Place pan in bread machine.
Set bread machine for white bread, 1 1/2 lb. loaf, medium crust.
Start machine.
When ingredients are mixed, keep machine running, add chopped apples,
raisins, walnuts.
Cool on wire rack when baking is finished.