one more cinnamon roll

Haacknjack@aol.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:00:03 EST
v100.n030.18
I TOLD you I was way behind with the list, and hope y'all can stand one more
cinnamon roll recipe.  this one was from Cooking Light and is one of the few
of their breads which reheats successfully for me (I like their breakfast
breads very well the first day, but haven't found them to keep well).  I
often have a bunch of these in the freezer for breakfasts to come.  they're
not the traditional roll-up roll, but you can afford to indulge in them more
often!  (The title was from the theme of the article, foods in famous movies.
  This was supposed to be the roll that Audrey Hepburn (?) nibbled on while
pressing her nose against Tiffany's display window.)

Breakfast at Tiffany's Cinnamon Twists

  6  Servings

1   package active dry yeast
1/4 cup water, warm
3   cups flour, divided 2 + 3/4 + 1/4
1/2 cup milk, 2% reduced fat, warm
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted, divided in half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1   egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup raisins, golden
1/3 cup sugar
2   teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2   teaspoons milk, 2% reduced fat

Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.  Add 2
cups flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 T. butter, salt and egg to bowl;
beat at medium speed of mixer until smooth.  Stir in 3/4 cup flour and
raisins to form a soft dough.  Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
  Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes), adding enough remaining
flour to prevent dough from sticking to board.

Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled.  Punch down.

Roll into 12" square on a lightly floured surface.  Brush dough with 2 T.
butter.  Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.

Cut dough in half crosswise, then into 12 strips lengthwise (making 24 pieces
in total).  Place 2 strips together and twist.  Pinch ends to seal.  Place
twists on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.  Gently press ends
to baking sheet.  Repeat until all dough is used and 12 twists are made.  Let
rise 30 minutes or until doubled.

Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F.  Bake 15 minutes or until browned.  Remove
from pan and cool on wire rack.

Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl; stir well.
Add milk by 1/2 tsp. until icing can be drizzled.  Drizzle over twists.

Amount Per Serving
Calories  481        Calories from Fat  95
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat   20%        Protein   8%        Carb.  72%