MasterCook Recipe Program

Joy0fCooking@aol.com
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:56:49 EDT
v100.n033.20
      Someone on the list asked about the MasterCook recipe software, so I'll
explain the program as best as I can.
      MasterCook is a software program from Sierra. You can go to
www.sierra.com, click on cooking, and see all the MasterCook software that
they offer. (Or you can buy the program at store that sells software.)
      The software comes with individual "cookbooks" filled with recipes, and
allows you to import any MasterCook formatted recipe that you receive from
any recipe list or website. It also allows you to export any recipe to any
email address. You may also type in any recipe from your own cookbook
collection, adding the recipe in MasterCook format to your "cookbook". It is
a great program if you are interested in keeping all of your recipes
organized, and you are on any recipe list where you are sharing recipes. The
program comes with several "cookbooks" with many, many recipes, but you can
add as many "cookbooks" as you wish to the program.
      I've owned the MasterCook software for 3 years now, starting out with an
earlier version, and now owning the 5.0 version. I recommend it highly to
anyone who is a recipe collector or avid cook.
      There are a few recipe lists available that are strictly for sharing
MasterCook formatted recipes. If you do decide to purchase the software, I
recommend that you subscribe to the mc-recipe list, (you can subscribe to it
on the Sierra website.)
Then you will be able to exchange MasterCook formatted recipes with other
MasterCook users.
      I'm not really good at explaining the software very well, but if you go
to www.sierra.com, click on "cooking", you'll be able to get some more
information on MasterCook.
                                        Katie