cookbook misprint

"Cindy" <phaggert@n-link.com>
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 13:06:49 -0500
v100.n035.17
Re: "The Best Bread Ever" by Charles Van Over, his recipe called "Classic
Pullman Loaf" on p 127

I made this recipe yesterday using my GE food processor, but I'm glad that I
was thinking while putting in the ingredients.  The recipe lists 2 3/4
tablespoons salt, where I think 15 gr of salt would be 2 3/4 TEASPOONS.  Is
everyone in agreement?

Has anyone made up this Classic Pullman Loaf?  The fermenting & later the
rising time at room temperature took all day!  From start to finish this
bread took me about 11 hrs!  Then, it turned out to be flat loaves...  Not
having a 12" loaf pan, I used two 8.5x4.5" loaf pans.  It tastes great
(thank goodness, after all that time), but is it supposed to be a flat
bread??

Disappointed,
Cindy