Kitchen Aid stand mixers

Pauline Lee <leep@mkl.com>
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:53:33 -0400
to buy the K5SS model with a 5 quart bowl, but I found that it was too
tall to fit under my kitchen cabinets and therefore opted for the KSM90
Ultra Power model with a 4.5 quart bowl with handle, the one with the
head that tilts. I have to pull out the mixer to use it in order to have
room for the head to tilt, but the bottoms of my upper cabinets are
unusually low. I have been entirely satisfied with its performance
except for one minor annoyance: when used for a stiff dough such as
bread or cookies, the bowl lodges too tightly on the base, and it won't
budge when I try to remove it. I keep a hammer in the lower cabinet, and
I give the bowl handle a couple of sideways whacks to turn it enough to
dislodge it. I have purchased two of the attachments (food grinder and
rotor slicer/shredder) and have found them to be well worth the
additional expense.