Re: Digest bread-bakers.v100.n033

"Chris Dalrymple" <chrisdd@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 17:00:48 -0500
v100.n035.29
Hi Jenny....I borrowed a friend's 300 watt KA for a while to help me
decide what to buy. It could handle cookies, cakes, icing, etc. just fine.
If you only want to make 1 loaf of white bread at a time, then this is the
mixer for you. I ended up buying a DLX because I prefer to bake whole grain
breads, which the KA just could not handle (made 4 large loaves of seeded
whole wheat today). And from what I've read on this list, the KA's are not
built as well as they used to be; some metal parts have been replaced with
plastic. BUT...if you don't need anything heavy-duty, the KA is great....I
enjoyed working with it.