refrigerating dough

DHodak@aol.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 19:06:56 EDT
v100.n047.4
I have never posted before, so here goes.  Some bakers have been commenting
on this subject so I thought I would mention that the refrigeration method is
very old and is called "cool rise".  It gives a much slower rise, allowing
the baker more freedom in choosing the baking time.  Just remember to remove
from frig 30 minutes before baking.  Of course this is assuming that the
dough is already in the desired shape of the item to be baked at the time of
refrigeration.  This is especially great when you want to make something time
consuming like cinnamon rolls.  They can be ready to pop in the oven first
thing in the morning.

Dayle R. Hodakievic