La Cloche...

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 14:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
v100.n056.4
Not too long ago, I asked my fellow bakers for advice on purchasing La
Cloche.  No, I haven't taken the plunge yet, but after reading the
following, I had an idea...

"While we're on consumer notes, if you break the base of your La Cloche,
the manufacturer (Sassafras Enterprises) will sell you just the base at a
reasonable price, with shipping included."

Now then, if Sassafras will sell just the base, do you think they would
sell just the top?  Would the top, combined with a baking stone, give good
results?  What sayest thou, bread bakers of the world?

                         Bob the Tarheel Baker