The Baking Sheet offer

Haacknjack@aol.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:54:19 EDT
v100.n056.7
For: Robin91783@aol.com
Re:  The Baking Sheet

I've subscribed to The Baking Sheet for years and it has been a real
pleasure.  I was amused to read you post, because I just called KA this
morning and ordered an extra item to get the free extension of my
subscription.  The newsletter is (naturally) filled with seasonal recipes,
has had some great bread-science columns, encourages requests and
personal-best recipes.  I almost always make something (or MANY
somethings!) from each issue.

What to buy from KA?  There are SCADS of fun seasoning items, from
vegetable powders for pastas & breads to sweeter flavorings for breakfast
baking. These are usually not too heavy (a drawback in ordering flour
directly from them).  They have a good assortment of heavyweight pans of
various sizes. Also, there are Really Useful Gadgets (for instance, a large
aluminum spatula about the size of a regular piece of paper -- perfect for
moving numbers of cookies at a time).

They also offer many specialty flours, which since I usually can't get
anywhere else seem worth the cost to ship.  If you like rye bread, First
Clear Flour makes a big difference in getting the taste you probably want.
They have flours made according to various European models, to get that
real Continental taste & texture you might be seeking.  Or, if you're just
looking to experiment, they have flavoring mixes you add to a recipe of
bread or breadsticks -- elegant flavors and no extra effort.

The phone reps are well-educated and helpful.  If you're at all inclined,
give it a try!