New oven selection

SloSherri@aol.com
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 10:23:34 EDT
v100.n056.15
<>

Dear Paul,

I just bought a Viking gas range about four months ago, and am very, very
happy with it.  It is the "small" model, only 30", so it fits into a standard
opening in a kitchen (i.e., it's not one of the monsters you see on TV or in
restaurants).  One of the reasons I got it was because it does NOT have a lot
of electronic doo-dads.  I didn't want something that would fail, and all of
the electronic extras (timers, clocks, menus, etc.) just looked like they
would break to me.  The Daycor and Kitchen Aid models both had lots of those
kinds of extras.

The Viking is just an incredibly stout range.  There is no platic or teflon
on it anywhere (important if you have birds).  There are brass fittings below
the range top.  The knobs are large and well-made.  There is a stainless
steel drawer that slides out from underneat the range top for easy cleaning
when things drop through.  The oven has three racks, and the one gadget it
does have, God bless it, is a convection option.

They ARE pricey, though.  I got mine on sale for about $2300, and I haven't
regretted it.  I figure if I ever sell this house, I'm taking it with me!
Please keep us posted on your decision; I think it would be interesting for
everyone to know how your research turns out...

Sherri