Summer Loaf

BILLPOTE@aol.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:54:49 EDT
v100.n057.5
I attended the Summer Loaf last weekend in Portland.  After returning home
to Michigan, I tried one of the focaccia recipes from Carol Field's
demonstration.  I think the whole trip was worth it.  What a great
experience for a baker.

I thought there would be other comments in your news this week.  Where is
everybody?  And, by the way, I thought Bread-Bakers was going to have a
presence there.

At any rate, next year is already scheduled.  I advise all loyal readers to
mark the date (maybe someone can supply it).  It's well worth the time and
expense.  The classes by Carol Field, Peter Reinhart and Maggie Glezer
which I attended were exceptional opportunities to expand one's baking
horizons. In addition, the portable wood-fired oven built by Mark Doxteder
was a real experience.  Portland and the Farmer's Market were also
inspiring.  Hope to see you all next year.

Digger