BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD

"Chris Dalrymple" <chrisdd@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:36:04 -0500
v100.n058.14
I sent this to JWest via e-mail, but thought someone else might also like
the recipe (please forgive me if I've already posted this). We pick about 5
gallons of blueberries every year, and this is one of my favorite ways to
use them. This recipe never fails to get rave reviews.

BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD
 From The Too Busy to Cook cookbook

         INGREDIENTS
5 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 T baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or marg
1 1/2 cups chop walnuts
1 tsp grated lemon peel
4 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, unthawed

                DIRECTIONS
     Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour pans. Combine flour, sugar, baking
powder, cinnamon and salt in lg bowl. Cut in butter till mixture resembles
fine crumbs. Stir in walnuts and lemon peel.
     Beat eggs lightly, stir in milk, vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
Blend into flour mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries.
     Spoon evenly into pan(s) and bake till toothpick inserted in center comes
out clean, about 80-90 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 min. Remove from pan.
Serve warm or cold. Store in fridge.
     MAKES: 1 Bundt cake or 2-9 x 5" loaves or  4-5 3/8 x 3 1/8" loaves
     MY NOTES: Excellent!  I made these changes: 2 c whole wheat flour,
heaping tsp cinnamon, sea salt, margarine instead of butter, 1/4 tsp lemon
oil instead of peel, 2% milk, 2 small lemons. This freezes beautifully.

 > From: JWest10206@aol.com
 > I pick up few pounds of blueberries now I am looking for a good recipe ;o).
 > If you have one and would like to share would you be kind enough to send it
 > my way? please reply on my e-mail since I am on digest and don't want
to >wait that long.