vacuum bread storage

Haacknjack@aol.com
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:45:08 EDT
v100.n059.9
to: "Cindy" <phaggert@n-link.com>
Subject: Vacuumware

Gosh, Cindy, for the price let me suggest a fine alternative which is in use
every day here in Milwaukee.  Put your bread in a zipper plastic bag.  Close
the zipper almost completely (leave 1.5 - 2" open).  Pucker up and suck the
air out of the bag so it's snug around the contents.  Close the remainder of
the zipper (right up there around those ruby lips ... but DON'T catch your
lips in the zip!) and -- PRESTO -- vacuum storage for free.

The virtue of vacuum storage appears to me to be that the moisture in the
item is maintained at the original level, and doesn't normalize with the
humidity in the air.  If you leave something out, it will attempt to achieve
parity with the existing humidity in the atmosphere... leading to dry bread
and limp crackers.  But I'd sure think a long time about spending $80 plus
ongoing battery investment for one small container.  Good luck!