King Arthur Flour for Bread Machines...

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 15:09:55 -0400 (EDT)
v100.n060.7
Nancy Silver wrote:  "Please note that King Arthur for Machines flour is
not just for Bread Machines (which I do not own). It's appropriate for any
mechanical way of kneading dough such as the standing mixer or food
processor (which I now use almost exclusively). You do not knead, whoops,
NEED to own a bread machine to use this wonderful flour. However it is not
suitable for hand kneading, as I understand it."

A few years ago, I visited the King Arthur retail store while on a visit to
New England and I bought several bags of what was then called King Arthur
Bread Flour.  Shortly thereafter, their catalog came out with King Arthur
Flour for Bread Machines and their was no more Bread Flour. But, both
flours are the same.  I, too, read the warning that the Bread Machine Flour
was not for hand kneading.

Baloney!  I've used the Bread Machine Flour for a long time now because, in
my house, I am the bread machine!  Sure, it has a higher protein, but
unless you don't have normal hand strength, you can do it. And it makes
damn good bread, too.

Bob the Tarheel Baker