Waffle Iron Recommendation

"Joni Repasch" <jrepasch@infi.net>
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 01:02:04 -0700
v100.n060.24
Barbara,

I've been using a Toastmaster waffle iron for the last few years and really
like it. This is NOT a Belgian Waffler.  I can't promise you it's real
fast, I'd say 3 minutes per waffle. When the light goes off the waffle is
ready. I usually count to 30 and then remove the waffle because we them
crisp.  Oh yes, it's a non-stick waffler, but I like to brush on a tad of
Crisco for every 2 waffles I bake.

Here's what I do.  I make up batches of the dry ingredients for the
waffles. Place each batch in plastic containers and refrigerate them.....we
have two refrigerators, so there's plently of room.  The morning you plan
to make the waffles all you have to do is mix up the liquid ingredients and
stir these into the dry ingredients. Meantime, I heat my waffle iron so
it's real hot before I start baking the waffles. Still, to prepare 8
waffles, it's going to take at least 1/2 hour. What you might do is prepare
the waffles as usual and place the cooked ones in a rather warm oven so
they don't get cold and 'limp' before the last one is done.

If you or anyone else is interested I've got a great recipe from KA Flours
called "Waffles for 4".....This recipe assumes 2 waffles per person.....I
count on 1 waffle per person, so I freeze what's not eaten that morning.
It's a sour dough recipe and if you have the sour ready in the AM it's a
real snap to prepare.....good too.

joni