No Need To Knead

ehgf@primenet.com
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:33:55 +0800
v100.n067.1
I have only tried two recipes from this book, but was not overly impressed.
I tried the basic Focaccia dough using the overnight rise option (the
book's subtitle is, "Homemade Italian Breads in 90 Minutes") which was
supposed to maximize the flavor. The resulting bread was just OK. I also
tried the Sourdough Caraway Rye. It had an intense rye (or was it the
caraway ?) flavor, but it did not rise well, resulting in a flat, heavy
loaf only suitable for slicing horizontally  for sandwiches. Many recipes
also call for the use of a metal, perforated baguette pan that holds 3
loaves (I have one that holds 2). I have been unable to find  this pan
which seems an integral part to the success of these recipes. I will try a
few more recipes before I decide that there is no need for No Knead To Need.

Ellen aka Gormay