heavy-duty mixers

SloSherri@aol.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:52:17 EST
v100.n074.24
<<Anyhow, on to my present dilemma. I want to buy a heavy duty dough
kneading machine. At this time cost is not an issue. I figure buying a
heavy duty unit will be more cost effective in the long run than spending a
hundred bucks every time the KA croaks.>>

Don,

Well, I'd hoped to have something more definitive, but I've searched the
house looking through my cooking magazines and cannot recall WHERE I read
about the new Cuisinart.  I know there are several people here on this list
that use the Cuisinart for bread kneading, although I never have.  Wherever
it is that I read a review of the new machine, I do recall that there is a
very heavy-duty model that has just come out with, evidently, an improved
mechanism for kneading and an improved dough blade.

As I cannot find the article anywhere (I could have SWORN I read it in
Cook's Illustrated, but it's not there), I am really not much help here,
except that I thought you might want to at least check into the new
model.  I know it would not occur to me to consider a food processor when
searching for a heavy-duty mixer for bread, but the article I read was very
intriguing.

Sherri <-----  Who has an OLD KA mixer from (thank goodness) the Hobart years