Seasoning a Stone

"Dawn Jackson" <yrsoaps@vvm.com>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:37:53 -0600
v100.n076.13
I have the instructions from my Pampered Chef Stone and here's what it says:
"Rinse the Baking Stone in warm water and dry before using for the first
time.  Season a new Baking Stone by baking something on it with a high fat
content such as refrigerated crescent roll dough.  After this step, greasing
the Baking Stone should not be necessary.  The Baking Stone may also be
seasoned by LIGHLY spraying the surface with a vegetable oil spray or
sprinkling cornmeal on the surface for the first few uses until if becomes
seasoned and foods release easily."

It goes on to say that you should scrape baked on food off (if necessary)
and rinse with water.  You should never use soap or detergent on your stone
as it can flavor the foods that are baked on the stone.

I have a scanner and would be happy to share the instruction sheet with you
if you'd like.
HTH
-Dawn